Monday, June 11, 2012

Frabjous Weekend!

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
  Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
  He chortled in his joy." ~ Lewis Carroll


Almost exactly a year ago, I ran a 15 miler at Round Valley with Swift and Dixon.  This Saturday I also ran the same workout, with Swift and Jay.  It is both eerie and comforting that we repeat certain cycles in our lives.  I am always so super happy when running long runs on trails.  So this was a weekend that kept me on a high from beginning to end!



I followed Saturday's Round Valley run with 12 miles at Heartshorn Woods on Sunday morning, then spent most of the day at the beach at Sandy Hook.  $15 per carload now! - I think the last time I went it was about half that.  Found out that we avoided a 95 degree day by being on the beach and in the water.  It was an awesome run, the trails were easy, but I took a spill and scraped my knee in the last mile.


You know it is a great day at the beach when there are bare feet, not many humans, Lauren has mud on her calves and ankles, I have blood on my knee, there are Dixon's black NB Minimus shoes, and a black bag with a six pack of Hoegaarden....



 Also a new discovery - you can drink beer on the first unprotected beach there with zero hassle; just put it in a cup.




No comments: