Monday, December 08, 2008

Sick Workout Week: December 1 - 7, 2008

Cough and cold all week.  Still biked to work and did a hard day on Wed, including extra cycling and running.  The cold started high in my throat, affected my voice.  Then it moved deeper into my lungs as a cough.  It was controlable with Halls Mentho-Lyptus drops.  On Friday at school it moved into my stomach.  I didn't train all weekend.  Instead I stayed in and rested.  Coughed a lot, but unproductive.  My digestive system acted strange all weekend.  Produced a lot of gas, no movement.  Then, this morning, three episodes of liquid.  Called in sick, went to doc.  Doc took some blood and urine, and it wasn't anything that needs antibiotics.  He said it is just a virus running through my body.  Hopefully it is on its last generation.  I have not missed more than one day consecutive in training since August 21st, and now I am up to three.

No comments: