Thursday, January 04, 2007

Full Moon, Frozen Toes & Painful Pebbles

Last night I attempted the club run barefoot. It was a full moon and I figured this would be a good night to try it because I could see where I was landing my soles. Even though the unseasonably warm temperatures continue during the day, last night my feet were too cold too quickly. I also learned that South 2nd Avenue in Highland Park is quite rough. After about 1/4 mile, I turned around and went back to put shoes on.

Today I got out while it was still daylight. Ran about 6 miles barefoot, mostly on pavement. Did about a mile on grass, but it was very damp and froze my toes, so I went back onto pavement. By the last couple of miles it had gotten dark. It was hard to see the road debris. I stepped on a couple of painful pebbles.

No comments: