Thursday, May 22, 2014

What's Up With That?

I have been complaining about feeling bad this week, that I picked up something last weekend that made my insides feel sick. Also, my legs have felt heavy and dead on short runs. Last night with RVRR was a little better, and the insides have settled. I have also complained about doing nothing but tapering and recovering from long efforts. Looking at my last 6 weeks of training, it looks nothing like that, save for the week before The Boston Marathon @ 21 miles. With a 50 miles slated to get done on Sunday, this week is going to total more than 60. Maybe that kind of explains some of the lingering fatigue.

Really, this isn't mega-mileage.  In my younger days, 50 mile weeks were shorter than my norm.  But, the graph from DailyMile.com of my mileage clearly reminds me that fatigue is cumulative, so even though weekday mileage may be short, those long weekends and long races add up over time to create lingering stress on this aging, yet hot, bod.  ;)

No comments: