Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Spotting the Escarpment Trail Run T-Shirt

You don't see many Escarpment Trail Run shirts randomly in your day-to-day travels, outside of a group of select runners.  So I was surprised to spot one worn by a teenager in the Overlook Lodge at Belleayre Ski Center last Saturday.  I proudly said, "Hi, I ran Escarpment four times."  At first it seemed like he didn't get the connection, but then I think he remembered he was wearing that shirt.  He said he was a volunteer at Blackhead.  I told him sincerely thanks for being a volunteer - and we went on to discuss the lightning and the trail-turned-river, which seemed to be the most impressive part of the crazy weather that day last July.  It seemed so out-of-context to be discussing it there, during the winter in a ski lodge after a day of great skiing.  Nice kid.  I told him I would see him in next July.

No comments: